No matter how many times Google updates its algorithms, one thing continues to remain true: Fresh, unique content is king. If you’re not willing to devote the time and effort that are needed to create fresh, relevant content, you can’t hope to succeed in the online marketing game.
To ensure that your content is up to par, you should develop an SEO content generation strategy.
Specific tips for doing so are highlighted below.
- Know Your Audience – Identify your target audience. What interests them? Why would they be shopping for your products or services? What kinds of advice or information are they looking for on the Internet? By answering these questions, you’ll be able to create content that is compelling, engaging and informative enough to convert casual visitors into paying customers.
- Identify Your Keywords – While you need to avoid being overly repetitive, you should identify the best keywords and phrases and make sure that your content touches upon them in some way. If you hire others to create content for you, make sure they are fully aware of these keywords and phrases.
- Keep Your Blog Fresh – The content on your site should be finely honed and expertly optimized. To keep a steady stream of fresh, relevant content on your site, you should update your blog consistently. Set a schedule and stick to it. A dormant blog is a waste of time, but an active blog can really bolster your SEO efforts.
- Promote Content Through Social Media – At the very least, you should be active on sites like Twitter and Facebook. Don’t just post bland links on those sites. Jazz them up with short, snappy descriptions that actually make people want to click on them. As with the blog, set a schedule for posting to popular social media sites as well.
- Generate Different Types of Content – Your blog should form the nucleus of your SEO content efforts, but it’s not enough. Branch out by periodically posting press releases that relate to your business or industry. Market separate articles on article directory sites. If possible, post guest blogs on sites that relate to yours in some way. By getting as many different kinds of content out there as possible, you’ll generate backlinks that will enhance your SEO efforts in a big way.
Variety and consistency are the most important aspects of any SEO content generation strategy. You have to be committed to producing content on a regular basis, and that content has to be fresh, relevant, engaging and well-written if it’s going to get you anywhere.
So… get the ball rolling. It might take awhile, but it will start paying off before you know it!